Thursday, April 26, 2012

Game 3 Breakdown (Get it?!)

Wow. I actually had to nap that one off today. I'd like to take a little responsibility for the loss, in anticipation of the win, I had begun writing a blog post talking about the Reds sweep. Mentioned how they've won 6 of 7 and with the Cardinals off had moved 2 games out. Yeah I had to delete that. As heart breaking as today was, its something that's gonna happen. I think 9 times out of 10 the Reds win that game, today was just that 10th game unfortunately. A few thoughts:

  • That pitch, ugh that pitch! Bad calls are a part of the game, just ask Armando Galarraga, but you hate to see something that obviously bad effect the game in that way. Three strikes = 1 out. Unless you're Tim Welke. Here's the pitch location according to PitchFX:
And here's a screenshot of "strike 3" from the Giants' broadcast. Keep in mind that at this point the ball has already crossed the plate and was obviously a sinking fastball:

  • Despite the ball call, the blown save, and the loss, today was actually a picture perfect day. I say that because, with the way our bullpen has been all year, a 2-run lead (at least) going into the 9th is exactly what you want. I'll give Marshall a free pass on that one. Even the best closers are going to blow a save.
  • I hate the NFL Draft. I hate the way people treat the NFL Draft. For the past few weeks I've been hearing about how this team needs to have a good draft and how we're gonna grade our team's picks and other ridiculous things. How can you grade a draft when not ONE player drafted has played a single second of NFL Football? Grading drafts shouldn't be done until the following year. Then you've had a whole year to see the draft picks perform. So yeah, all next week we're gonna hear how the Bengals or Browns got a B+ from Adam Shecter or whatever his name is and its just total garbage. Remember when the NFL wasn't something we had to talk about year round? I miss those days. Take a look at yourself and ask yourself if you've fallen for the year-round NFL hype machine.
  • The Houston Astros are coming to town! That's a good way to ease our troubles after a big let-down today. I just wish we were missing Wandy Rodriguez. I'll be there on Saturday for anyone who's heading down to the ballpark.
  • If you're into beer as much as I am, Jungle Jim's is hosting a tasting on May 18th featuring one of the best Ohio breweries: The Brew Kettle. If you've never had their White Rajah IPA, you really should check it out. One of my top 5 beers of all time. The Kroger in Hyde Park usually has it.
  • I was at both Tuesday and Wednesday's wins over the Giants. Didn't go today. I find it no coincidence that the Reds lost.
  • Buying a beer for: Logan Ondrusek. The big man was lights out today. Pretty obvious choice here but being from Shiner, TX, I'll buy him a Shiner Bock. Until next time folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment